Conor McGregor consented a request cope that will see the former UFC champion avoid jail time for fees stemming from his actions at a press happening in April
This time, Conor McGregor didn’t put up a fight.
The mixed martial arts whiz pleaded guilty on Thursday to disorderly conduct and will perform five days of community service to resolve accuses stemming from a backstage melee at a New York City realm in which he was caught on camera lunging a hand truck at a bus full of fighters.
McGregor will too be evaluated for an anger management planned and barred from contact with boxers injured in the mayhem after a press conference for the UFC 223 phenomenon at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in April.
There are no restrictions on McGregor’s travel. If he stands out of bother for a year, his record is likely to be wiped clean. If he flouts the rules of his request cope, he could be to imprisonment for up to 15 dates. Prosecutors said he’s already paid to fix the bus.
” I merely want to say I’m thankful to the DA and the evaluate for allowing me to move forward ,” McGregor said outside a Brooklyn courthouse.” I want to say to my friends, their own families, my followers, thank you for the corroborate .”
The 30 -year-old Irish brawler, who last month said he regretted his actions, then raced to a waiting SUV with his suite, separated by bike-rack obstructions from dozens of photographers and reporters and a self-professed superfan.
” You’re the champ Conor !” Robbie Fox hollered, an Irish flag covered around his neck.” They won’t do anything to you Conor, you’re the champ !”
McGregor, garment in a close-fisted, blue-blooded pinstripe suit, was joined in courtroom by his 25 -year-old friend, fellow boxer, Irish citizen and co-defendant Cian Cowley, who was sentenced to three days of community service and wrath management.
Prosecutors said the convict will enable McGregor to” reflect on his conduct and give back to society .” The fees to which he and Cowley pleaded guilty are technically violations , not criminal offenses.
McGregor, formerly the UFC’s simultaneous 145 lb and 155 lb endorse, hasn’t engaged since the fracas.