Conor McGregor accepted a plea spate that will see the former UFC champion avoid jail time for fees stemming from his actions at a press contest in April
This time, Conor McGregor didn’t put up a fight.
The mixed martial arts wizard pleaded guilty on Thursday to disorderly conduct and will play five days of community service to resolve charges stemming from a backstage melee at a New York City arena in which he was caught on camera lunging a hand truck at a bus full of fighters.
McGregor will likewise be evaluated for an anger management platform and are prohibited from contact with boxers injured in the mayhem after a press conference for the UFC 223 happening at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in April.
There are no restrictions on McGregor’s travel. If he stays out of hassle for a year, his record is likely to be wiped clean. If he violates the rules of his request spate, he could be to imprisonment for up to 15 periods. Lawyers said he’s already paid to fix the bus.
” I precisely want to say I’m appreciative to the DA and the adjudicate for allowing me to move forward ,” McGregor said outside a Brooklyn courthouse.” I want to say to my friends, my family, my fans, thank you very much for the aid .”
The 30 -year-old Irish brawler, who last month said he regretted his actions, then rushed to a waiting SUV with his entourage, separated by bike-rack barricades from dozens of photographers and reporters and a self-professed superfan.
” You’re the champ Conor !” Robbie Fox shrieked, an Irish pennant covered around his neck.” They won’t do anything to you Conor, you’re the champ !”
McGregor, apparel in a tight, blue pinstripe clothing, was joined in courtroom by his 25 -year-old friend, fellow soldier, Irish citizen and co-defendant Cian Cowley, who was sentenced to three days of community service and indignation management.
Prosecutors said the convict will enable McGregor to” reflect on his conduct and give back to society .” The indictments to which he and Cowley pleaded guilty are technically breaches , not criminal offenses.
McGregor, once the UFC’s simultaneous 145 lb and 155 lb champion, hasn’t engaged since the fracas.